Re: GNU merchandise was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Leaflets for Linux Expo

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: GNU merchandise was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Leaflets for Linux Expo
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:39:03 +0100

Richard Smedley wrote:
On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 18:41, Nick wrote:

possible to sell some merchandise at Linux Expo? If so, how many books/

I think a few of the GNU manuals could go well,
but so would the new Stallman book.

Good idea.

We could build on this and help GNU more by promoting to local distributors.

I cannot seem to find some interesting info that was on GNUpress.org or GNU.org (sometime back) commenting on how to get the printed manuals onto local bookstore shelves.

Anyone else seen it?

These manuals could be promoted at libraries too.

[I am currently trying to contact a person featured in the UKUUG's printed newsletter who seems to have worked successfully on a 'standard for Open source software for the libraries in Edinburgh'. His recommendations have been accepted and he seems to be full of energy to continue on a bigger scale -- a definite case for an honourary full membership with the AFFS?]

Best wishes,

Ramanan