[Fsfe-uk] Patents: MEP letter, please sign if you agree

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Patents: MEP letter, please sign if you agree
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:29:21 +0100

Hi all,
  With much consultation from the fsfe-ie list, I've drafted
a two page letter that we will be sending to as many MEPs as
possible (starting with the Irish ones, then working through
the UK ones until we run out of time or resources).

The letter is at:
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/docs/dear_mep/

  Most excitingly, it includes a voting list at the end which
details how MEPs should vote on the various amendments and how
to decide yes/no after the amendments are finalised.

  We hope to start mailing them to the parliment tomorrow
evening so only minor changes can be made, if at all.

  We will also be attaching a 1 or 2 page list of names of
people that endorse the position of the letter.  If you'd
like to be added to this list, please mail me your name,
occupation, and one other piece of info such as county/city/
company/"concerned citizen"/etc.  (just to make the names
more human.

thanks.
Ciaran O'Riordan