Re: [Fsfe-uk] Education Campaign?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Education Campaign?
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 23:42:43 -0000

Illtud Daniel <address@hidden> wrote:
> There's a movement in Wales promoting Free Software in Welsh,

Who?

[...]
> institutions and interested parties who have been looking at
> a Free Software ECDL in Welsh (accredited - that costs about £10k).
> I think a funding application has been made. The idea is that
> you could bundle a (welsh, in this case) copy of OpenOffice.org
> with the ECDL handbook (about £30, of which a welsh version of
> the BCS one is already available), and even a whole bootable
> (Knoppix?) linux CD all ready to go, which would increase the
> value of the handbook and bring the course to more people.

Can someone give me a comparison of the Ingots http://www.theingots.org/
and the ECDL please?  I think the Ingots are rather smaller components
than ECDL, which seems to be the way qualifications are going now.

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: address@hidden
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.