Re: [Fsfe-uk] Education Campaign?

From: Tom Coady
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Education Campaign?
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:29:02 +0100

I have been trying to find sources of training for http://www.onlamp.com
technologies locally and find there are none. Talking to the local technical
college has brought some very luke warm reception with answers like no one
uses this software anyway or that the IT department will not cooperate to
provide compatible/enabled equipment. I am starting to think that the only
way to introduce this training locally is DIY, but next is the resource
problem: even with the availability of teaching materials there is also a
need for a physical space together with equipment for practical exercises. I
have not got as far as asking the college for this yet but I have asked a
local agency who claim to be seeking "Centre of Vocational Excellence"
status (money?) from the Learning and Skills Council for the college -except
that this college only offers courses on proprietory software.
http://www.wiredsussex.com/News/newslsc.htm