Re: charity disappointmnet (was Re: [Fsfe-uk] What the treasurer did...

From: Oliver Elphick
Subject: Re: charity disappointmnet (was Re: [Fsfe-uk] What the treasurer did... (early Feb 2003))
Date: 07 Feb 2003 11:29:55 +0000

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 00:32, MJ Ray wrote:
> Simon Waters <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Horribly off-topic - but wasn't the law changed to allow
> > covenant style tax rules to apply to single donations if
> > accompanied by a signed declaration that it was from a UK tax payer.
>
> When?  Someone throw me a reference and/or a good lawyer willing to give a
> hefty discount to such a good cause?  ;-)

Look at any charity's donation forms and you will see it.

Any donation made by a UK taxpayer to a charity will have tax refunded
provided that the donor supplies his name and address and there is
evidence of the donation.  (I.e., the donation is made by cheque or
card, or cash is placed in an envelope with the donor's name and address
on.)  The need for a deed of covenant is gone.

--
Oliver Elphick                                address@hidden
     "But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth