Re: [Fsfe-uk] Documentation

From: Simon Waters
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Documentation
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:41:09 +0000

Marc Eberhard wrote:

> > To a commercial user the core message has to be freedom from vendor lock
> > in and abusive monopolies (and not just the obvious one).

I think a more positive message - but I don't have the
answers...

>   [ Photo or comic: Desperate employee (waving his hands in the air) sitting
>     in front of a computer showing a really stupid error message ]
>
>   With Free Software you can!

Maybe, although the last line is a bit cliche.

> OK, OK, I guess I better stop here now and give others a chance to reply!

We need an objective, how will the reader react - should he go
use free software - join AFFS - give me money<just checking if
your awake> - Lobby against software patents?

Better still if it is a measurable outcome, so we know what
works. Do we have website stats?

In these days we could convey details through the website, and
know if we are reaching people.

 Simon, still pondering.