Re: [Fsfe-uk] Documentation

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Documentation
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:12:19 +0000

Marc Eberhard wrote:

Yup, free ad space was the question.
The thing you really want to be aware of is
that each magazine has different dimensions
(e.g. LXF is 300x222mm - or nearly 12x9 in
'proper' measurements ;-) - so you will need to
redo it for them.

Maybe we can come up with a one-size-fits-all? We probably don't need to
squeeze every square millimeter of space of the page.

This risks looking a little odd in some formats.

As for resolution - 250pixels per inch is fine

OK, thanks!

What about file formats? PostScript? PDF? What is acceptable?

Generally a JPEG or PDF is best - /but/ if there is a mistake it
can't be corrected.
You could supply text, graphics and fonts separately - and let the
magazine's Art Ed sort it out. It would be best to have all of this
ready and to ask what is preferred in each case.

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Telephone +44 (0) 1225 442244 ext 5038

et quod fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.