Re: [Fsfe-uk] Documentation

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Documentation
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:10:27 +0000

Marc Eberhard wrote:

Any existing ideas and any industry standards one should be aware of?
(ie, gutters, resolution etc.)

That's a question for Richard Smedley I guess!

Erm, OK - there are no standards, afaik
If you're going v close to the edge, though,
you may as well do a bleed.

I don't have the original question - are we just
talking about leaflets - or are we thinking of using
the free-ad space occasionally offered by
Linux User /et al./? If so
The thing you really want to be aware of is
that each magazine has different dimensions
(e.g. LXF is 300x222mm - or nearly 12x9 in
'proper' measurements ;-) - so you will need to
redo it for them.

As for resolution - 250pixels per inch is fine
for reproducing pics - with leaflets you're
most likely limited by quality of paper as
much as anything else, I guess :-/

- Richard

--

"Only a phase, | www.affs.org.uk
these dark café days..."                    | - supporting Free Software

South Cheshire GNU/Linux Users Group www.sc.lug.org.uk