Re: [Fwd: [Fsfe-uk] Hello]

From: Robert Lazzurs
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Fsfe-uk] Hello]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:15:20 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Richard Smedley wrote:

RS> Is it really hopeless to argue that schools should be there to teach
RS> (to educate) - not to train.
RS>
RS> If you educate a pupil she will be able to spend her whole life
RS> learning and picking up training with little difficulty.
RS>
RS> If however you merely train pupils you end up with the trained monkeys
RS> who might manage an MSCE, but will struggle to understand how
RS> computers and networks actually work.
RS>
RS> This is both a poor investment in the future of this country and a
RS> destruction of the potential of young people. I'll stop here before I
RS> start ranting about the national curriculum or the many other things
RS> government have done to destroy education :-(

As a person who has went through the current education system, hated it,
revolted against and and then taught my self, I totally agree, but as most
of the teachers and lectures I have met have became my friends I have
learned also that this is not going to change.

(Yea, my English sucks, I could write code before English, what do you
expect)

Take care - RL

--
MSN:address@hidden      |"All that is etched in stone
Yahoo:admroblaz AIM:admroblaz   |is truly only scribbled in