Re: [fsf-community-team] Why should we talk about the freedom?

From: Florian Purucker
Subject: Re: [fsf-community-team] Why should we talk about the freedom?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 01:00:50 +0100

Hello everyone,

Franz Christopher:
> It is in our nature to want to share something especially
> when that certain something is good. For as long as I can remember
> computer users have found ways to share software with other users
> and big companies have tried (unsuccessfully) to hinder this
> sharing of applications. Open/Free software just seems far more
> natural.

I am sorry I am playing devil's advocate again, but this is called a
naturalistic fallacy. Just because something is (natural) doesn't mean it
ought to be that way. So this argument may work often, but don't try this
on anyone asking for a reason why something that seems natural ought to be
that way.

Please don't take my comments personally. I know things in writing can
look a lot more rude than they are meant to be.

Florian