[fsf-community-team] Re: Welcome to the "fsf-community-team" mailing lis

From: Charlie
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:09:31 +1100

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 22:00:52 -0500 address@hidden
sent this information:

<snip>

>So, what we need you to do is pretty simple, just reply to the list at
>address@hidden with the following:
>
>1) Send us a quick introduction. What blogs, news sites, or
>communities do you follow? Are there particular news topics that you
>would like to focus on?
>
>2) Let us know that you've read these five articles about the FSF's
>basic philosophy and common mistakes that people make. Please ask any
>questions you have about them (questions are good!).

<snip>

Hello,

A quick introduction will show that I am here to listen and learn, so
that anything I may impart about Free Software will be accurate and as
intended. I have always enjoyed the “free” aspect of free software and
live life like that. Copyleft is good. I have little time to read blogs.
Though when time permits, do so. When it does not, I can't.

My partner is a wildlife carer, and as her support also handle and feed
and care for the animals we rehabilitate back into the wild, when they
have been orphaned or injured. We live in the bush and do most things
ourselves, solar system for electricity and water collected in water
tanks etc.. This makes us responsible for much that we need to survive.

Though I help people in many ways, including with computers freely and
refuse payment, haven't had a great deal of success moving any of these
to free software other than on windows. eg. OpenOffice.org, LyX and
such.

Have been a Linux user of some flavour since 1999 and been using GNU
Debian testing since Sarge and still learning.

Having read the:

*The Free Software Definition

Have noted that it and my other reading has led me correctly, and that
I've not spread misinformation regarding the subject. But I will
read it again, several times to make sure my grasp of the philosophy is
correct and will be accurately represented.

Hope that my application to join this group was **not** a case of
misrepresentation.

Be well,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

To read well, that is, to read true books in a true spirit, is a noble
exercise, and one that will task the reader more than any other
exercise which the customs of the day esteem. It requires a training
such as the athletes underwent, the steady intention almost of the
whole life to this object.........Henry David Thoreau