Re: Autohinter project for GSoC

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Autohinter project for GSoC
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 07:11:41 +0000 (UTC)

> However, I am somewhat worried about the scope of this project.  I
> am completing a Master’s degree this year, and will not have the
> time to complete a full 350 h project; I’m sure I would make good
> progress, but suspect the scope of the project might need to be
> reduced for it to be feasible for me.  Does anyone here have any
> ideas on what I could reasonably expect to accomplish?  And would
> anyone even be interested in mentoring such a project?

As far as I can see it is hard to split the project for adding a
capability database to the auto-hinter, which means that it is real
350h project.  However, it is possible to stretch the time frame up to
22 weeks – maybe this helps?

I would mentor such a project, probably together with Alexei.

    Werner