Re: CI website design prototype

From: Anurag Thakur
Subject: Re: CI website design prototype
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 22:17:13 +0530

> Alas, I can only answer this if I actually have something to play
with.

Fair enough.

That would take some time though, sarthak is busy with exams and I believe gsoc properly starts only from 7 June, and as for myself... Well, I don't know how to make websites😅 (yet 😉😏)

> If something is broken I normally expect that a large
bunch of glyphs is affected at the same time.

Yeah, I am also working on a mock-up for a webpage that shows all the regressions of a font.

I was wondering if you had like any specific requirements in mind, so we could include it from the start, since it's probably easier and faster to iterate on my mockup than html/css/js of the website.

Regards
Anurag

On Mon, 24 May, 2021, 10:04 PM Werner LEMBERG, <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> Apparently I forgot you could send files via email😅

This looks great, thanks!  It's a good start.

>> It would be great if you could provide some feedback (what should I
>> add/remove/change etc), so that sarthak can then implement it (and
>> I can mentor him😂).

Alas, I can only answer this if I actually have something to play
with.

In general I believe that differences of single glyphs should be
rather rare – there isn't much work currently going on for CFF or
TrueType hints.  If something is broken I normally expect that a large
bunch of glyphs is affected at the same time.

    Werner