Re: Migrate to github

From: Alan Coopersmith
Subject: Re: Migrate to github
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 10:07:53 -0700

On 8/21/20 9:04 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
El dimarts, 18 d’agost de 2020, a les 8:41:09 CEST, Werner LEMBERG va escriure:

Hello Anurag,

thanks for your thoughts.

*#1: Migrate development over to github:*
Host the git repo on GitHub, use the GitHub issues and PR tracker
instead of GNU Savannah and e-mail

No.  We won't migrate to github.  If at all, gitlab would be a
possible choice.

Just out of curiosity, feel free to not answer.

Any specific reason for github.com being "banned" but gitlab.com being possible?

Both run on non Free Software.

If you wanted to run on a free-only version of gitlab, I expect that FreeDesktop
would be willing to host a FreeType repository on gitlab.freedesktop.org, but
it will have more limited functionality than what gitlab.com offers.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith@oracle.com
         Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc