freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] Possible freetalk plugins

From: Matthias Quasthoff
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] Possible freetalk plugins
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 08:48:30 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 27.08.2006, 22:58 -0700 schrieb Anand Babu:
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 05:13:01PM +0200, Matthias Quasthoff wrote:
> | The freetalk-some-plugin.so would basically be some kind of interface
> | to a service like galago or systray or something. The connection of the
> freetalk side and the plugin side
> | would happen inside a new extension, freetalk-some-plugin.scm
> |
> `----
> You can entirely do this in Scheme.
>
> If you want to implement an extension that has some parts to be
> written in C, you can do like this
>
>  (load-extension "libsystray" "init_systray")

OK, I think I got the FreeTalk galago feed nearly ready. The only
problem left is, I wouldn't let that really tiny
libfreetalk-galago-feed.so go into lib/ or something, but rather into
share/freetalk/plugins/. Then, galago-feed.scm (containing the
load-extension command) would have to know the datadir or at least the
prefix, wouldn't it? I mean it would have to do something like

(load-extension
    (string-append prefix
"share/freetalk/plugins/libfreetalk-galago-feed.so")
    "init_ft_galago_feed")

but I don't know where to get "prefix" or something similar from.

Thanks,
Matthias