freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] TextUI for FreeTalk

From: yanis
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] TextUI for FreeTalk
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:29:44 +0200

Thanks for the info about the readline library. I didn't know about its
capabilities and as long as a lot of people also don't it would be handy
if you include some *basic* doc about the readline lib (and some info
about the "autologin" option --it's a classic one) in freetalk's doc.

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 01:42 +0530, Anand Avati wrote:
> we make use of screen (for scroll) and /history features.. though your
> suggestion is valid. implementing a /toggle status is pending and in our
> to-do list which will toggle displayin status updates. your suggestion will
> be nice in a 'ncurses mode freetalk'.. it kills the 'geekiness' in the
> readline/default mode :-)

Thank to your comments I changed entirely what I had in mind. You're right: the
ncurses
UI should be just a mode not something "out" of the basic logic (like an addon)
of the freetalk.
So, I will check how I can implement such a mode and I will let you know.

->a point I want to be clear: the status messages should be
displayed *only* in the /toggle mode (not in the main roster/interface, too).

another suggestion: It would be handy if when you 're talking with somebody and
press the up key-
instead of displaying the previous message you sent- to display the previous
contact's name you were talking
before the current one so as the switch of the conversation between the
contacts would be very easy. I know that the current
behavior is the default readline's behavior but a hack you would make the job
(I don't know how easy
 would be it though).

--
yanis <address@hidden>