From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Date: 18 Jul 2003 00:39:55 +0530

WARNING: Cross posted

Well, as we near review and sanity check phase, we need to decide on a
uniform way of handling addresses made by the user to the computer.
Some of us are using

Kora hok
        Eg: File khola hok
        The advantage of this method is that the chances of goofing up
        with respect to context of the message is minimal. However, it
        results in the messages becoming too large in some cases, and,
        in some cases, becoming a little "fuzzy" as far as meaning is
        concerned.

While others are using

Koro
        Eg: File kholo
        This is a very direct way of addressing the computer, and maybe,
        more users will be comfortable with this approach. However, the
        chances of context related goof ups is very high in this case,
        as most translators are unable to see the actual translations in
        "Action" in this stage.

We need to sort out our differences and agree upon a standard as soon as
possible. For unless we agree upon some standard on some aspects of the
GUI terminology, documentation translation would be difficult.

-cheers-
Sayamindu

 *         The Ankur Project               *
Bringing Bangla to Free/Open Source Software
 *      http://www.bengalinux.org/         *