Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: RFC: design of bengali opentype font

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: RFC: design of bengali opentype font
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:39:26 -0600

On Friday 28 March 2003 11:07 pm, address@hidden wrote:

> Quick thoughts
>
> 1. Do we use GPOS?

No, not for the template font. These would be different for different fonts,
so...

> 2. I don't think we need Akhands - but they *might* have some uses. Does
> anyone else have any idea on them?

Does anyone even have any idea what they are supposed to be ? I had never
heard of something like this in school in the context of either hindi or
bengali.

Microsoft gives ka+hasanta+Sha as an example of Akhands for both hindi and
bengali, but nothing else that sheds any further light on this.

Deepayan