Re: [Freebangfont-devel] ps/pdf files with different fonts + bspeller

From: Taneem Ahmed
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] ps/pdf files with different fonts + bspeller
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 06:13:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Anirban Mitra wrote:

> Postscript as well PDF files embed true type fonts in the document.
> So larger the font file size, larger will be the PS/PDF document
> size. As in PDF the PS data are compressed the difference becomes
> more prominent. I feel using mukti which has the smallest size of
> all will result in the smallest PS/PDF file size.
> Anirban

That makes sense. So does this mean that the more number of glyphs a font
has, the bigger the ps/pdf file size will be? Because to make a font look
nicer (and for people like me to save some debugging time) one would want
to add more glyphs for ligatures instead of complex OpenType rules... Has
anyone come up with a middle point?

Taneem

It was previously a question of finding out whether or not life had to
have a meaning to be lived.  It now becomes clear, on the contrary, that
it will be lived all the better if it has no meaning.