Re: [Freebangfont-devel] ps/pdf files with different fonts + bspeller

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] ps/pdf files with different fonts + bspeller
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:49:07 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Taneem Ahmed <address@hidden> wrote: > Hi,

> I was testing out creating ps/pdf files with different fonts.
>
> The size diff is upto 4.5x for pdf files, and 1.5x for ps files.
> Any idea why?

Postscript as well PDF files embed true type fonts in the document.
So larger the font file size, larger will be the PS/PDF document
size. As in PDF the PS data are compressed the difference becomes
more prominent. I feel using mukti which has the smallest size of
all will result in the smallest PS/PDF file size.
Anirban

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com