[Freebangfont-devel] ps/pdf files with different fonts + bspeller

From: Taneem Ahmed
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] ps/pdf files with different fonts + bspeller
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:08:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I was testing out creating ps/pdf files with different fonts. Here are
the results:

-rw-rw-r--    1      67K Nov 26 04:22 akaash_hojoborolo.pdf
-rw-rw-r--    1     210K Nov 26 04:20 ani_hojoborolo.pdf
-rw-rw-r--    1     315K Nov 26 04:19 likhan_hojoborolo.pdf
-rw-rw----    1     514K Nov 26 04:21 akaash_hojoborolo.ps
-rw-rw----    1     567K Nov 26 04:17 ani_hojoborolo.ps
-rw-rw----    1     700K Nov 26 04:19 likhan_hojoborolo.ps

The size diff is upto 4.5x for pdf files, and 1.5x for ps files. Any idea
why?

BTW, the ps files were created using bspeller. I have released the beta
source for bspeller. Following is the release note.

----
I would like to let everyone know that the first beta version of bspeller
has been released. You can download the source files from the following

Bspeller is a small text editor that works as a Bangla (Bengali) spell
checker. It is also capable of printing using OpenType fonts, which is
very useful for Inidic languages (or any other complex language) like
Bangla (Bengali). *Ironically* the first release does not do any spell
checking, however, it is being released because of the printing feature.

Any comment, suggestions, or bug report is always welcomed.

------

Taneem