RE: [Freebangfont-devel] Exam Time

From: Andy White
Subject: RE: [Freebangfont-devel] Exam Time
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 04:23:17 -0000

> instance, we consider da + hasanta + ba + ikaar, you are saying that
>
> ikaar da hasanta ba
>
> is preferred over
>
> da hasanta ikaar ba
>
> ? [And how exactly are ba-phalas etc related to this case ?]

Well I will try to explain in more detail latter on (I'll try to find
some examples for you tomorrow), but for now I will say this:

Ba is not a semi vowel but Va ( the second Ba ) is.
po,pho,*bo*,bho,mo
ontohstho_jo, ro, lo, *vo*
talobyo_sho ...

So you are right, ikaar da hasanta ba is wrong because people would
think it was a Ba and not a Wa / Va
If you used the assami Va then there would not be any confusion.

But because all Bengali OT fonts will have a bofola included, the
confusion will never arise - (bofola will always be substituted for the
Bo hasanta any way.)

Later
Andy

Andy