[Freebangfont-devel] Khanda-ta and Ra-Yaphala

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Khanda-ta and Ra-Yaphala
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:22:28 +0000 (GMT)

 Attached is a picture how Mukti is doing with
ta-kandata problem. It is not consistent with present
unicode recomendations but with Andy's proposal.[If
it's accepted we can say we acted ahead of time :)]
   Regarding the ra-yaphala, using the Bengali OTF
specifications we can do it this way also
Feature: init (initial forms feature)->
Lookup : Ra -> Rainitial (which should be identical
looking to the Ra but will not form reph when followed
by virama as it is a different glyph)
Now ra-virama-ya will form Rainitial-japhala.
I dont think this combination is ever used in a
non-initial position. Moreover we can make the
Ra-japhala glyph and use a Post-base replace ment
lookup as
Rainitial japhala -> Ra_japhala
I will try and test the feature in Ani and inform how
it's working.

=====
Dr Anirban Mitra ||||        ||

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com