Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Akaash is not working with RH 7.3

From: Kaushik Ghose
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Akaash is not working with RH 7.3
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:42:30 -0500 (EST)

PS.

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Deepayan Sarkar wrote:

<....>
> I'm not sure about other distributions). To write bengali, the best options
> on GNU/Linux are Yudit (www.yudit.org), which needs some configuration to
> have it use Akaash (ask us if you have any problems), and Lekho
> (lekho.sf.net) (which I haven't used yet, so don't know how easy/difficult it
> is to set up).

Lekho doesn't use OTF, just some higher ascii fonts, so you can create
unicode bangla files with it, but to test a certain OTF you need to use
yudit, also Sayamindu mentioned something about yudit handling OTFs
differently
from other apps, so an OTF working in yudit may act differently in say
IE6.
I hope Lekho is easy to set up,otherwise, mail me and complain, I assure
quick, though talkative, customer service. :)

<...>