Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Akaash is not working with RH 7.3

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Akaash is not working with RH 7.3
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:09:29 -0600

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 02:33 pm, Anirban Biswas. wrote:
> Hi,
>       I installed Akaash & installed it by coping the font file to X11 true
> type
> dircetory & also to /usr/share/fonts/Truetype ,It get installed but while
> using it , it is showing english chars insteed of beng chars
>
> What is my problem pls mail me.

Could you give some more details ? What software are you using to see Bengali?
And exactly what are you trying to see in Bengali, is it in Unicode ?

Deepayan

P.S. As a quick check, try visiting

http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali

with Mozilla and check if you can see any bengali characters at the top right
corner.