Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Likhan not recognized

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Likhan not recognized
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 14:45:05 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Deepayan Sarkar <address@hidden> wrote: >
> > 1. The new font POST table has postscript version
> 3.0
> > and has no name for the glyphs. Whereas the old
> > version has postscript version 2.0 and has
> postscript
> > name for all the glyphs.
>
> I tried including the postscript names, but that
> didn't help. I don't know
> about PS version 2 or 3, though. I'll try doing some
> more tests tomorrow.

> I added the vertical metric to align the maatra-s
> properly. I'm not entirely
> sure what they are for, but without them the maatras
> don't match up in IE.
To attach matraas properly in IE, MS Notepad etc, it
is better to use GPOS features and make positioning
lookups as they have shown in Mangal.

> > On copying the glyphs and VOLT tables (by export->
> > import) of the new font into the old font I found
> it
> > is recognized as bangla font in IE 5.5.
>
> What software are you using for that ?
>
> Deepayan
I used shareware version of High-Logic Font creator
program. It is the only font making tool I have at
present.
I am sending you the resultant file. May that help you
in debugging.
Thanks
Dr Anirban Mitra||||        ||

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com