Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Likhan not recognized

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Likhan not recognized
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 04:16:46 -0600

On Saturday 09 November 2002 02:41 am, Anirban Mitra wrote:
> Deepayan,
> Sorry I gave wrong information regarding likhan being
> recognized as bangla font with IE in Windows98. It is
> actualy the previous version (version 0.01 dated Oct
> 7'02)which is being recognized not the new one
> available at freee bangla font project.
> On comparing the two fonts I found the following
> significant differences.
> 1. The new font POST table has postscript version 3.0
> and has no name for the glyphs. Whereas the old
> version has postscript version 2.0 and has postscript
> name for all the glyphs.

I tried including the postscript names, but that didn't help. I don't know
about PS version 2 or 3, though. I'll try doing some more tests tomorrow.

> 2. There are additional vertical header and vertical
> matrix table in the new font which were not there in
> the old version.( they are required for CJK fonts only
> naa?)

I added the vertical metric to align the maatra-s properly. I'm not entirely
sure what they are for, but without them the maatras don't match up in IE.

> On copying the glyphs and VOLT tables (by export->
> import) of the new font into the old font I found it
> is recognized as bangla font in IE 5.5.

What software are you using for that ?

Deepayan