Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Likhan

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Likhan
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 03:57:51 -0600

Hi,

On Thursday 07 November 2002 11:15 am, Anirban Mitra wrote:

> I would like inform some thing.
>  You have said that your font is not recognised as
> open type font in Windows 2000. A font is considered
> open type in WINNT5.x only when it is digitally signed
> by opentype font signing tool (available from
> microsoft typography site
> www.microsoft.com/typography/developers/dsig/dsig.htm)
> However it should work without the signature also. (at
> least code2000 and Raghindi works)

this actually didn't solve my problem -- which was not that it's not
recognized as open type (I don't really care about that), but that it's not
recognized as a bengali font (In IE, Tools -> Internet Options -> Fonts ->
Bengali). AkaashNormal is, for example.

The problem with this is that if I want to check how the font works in IE, I
have to explicitly set <font face="likhan"> in the html files, which is bad
practice (or use CSS with font-family: likhan; , which is slightly better).

Anyway, this is not a big problem, but fixing it would be good.

Deepayan