erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Re: SSL TLS certificates

From: Joseph LP
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Re: SSL TLS certificates
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 17:15:53 +0000 (UTC)

Michael Olson <mwolson <at> gnu.org> writes:
> Instead of doing that, try just using erc-open-tls-stream.  I separated
> them out for a reason: erc-open-ssl-stream should only be used with
> openssl, and erc-open-tls-stream should only be used with gnutls-cli.

I found that it wasn't Ercs at fault, but in fact the Debian (sid)
implementation of libgnutls (which could not handle the CA-chaining for this
specific instance demanded by oftc.) There has been countless version bumps
upstream to address the issue since what is made available to sid. This would
explain why Intregi had success with his certificate use.