erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] SSL TLS certificates

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] SSL TLS certificates
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 22:45:05 -0700

Joseph LP <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello, I'm using latest cvs (GNU Emacs 23.0.93.1). I've noticed that ssl/tls
> connections aren't possible with the default ( erc-open-ssl-stream ) defun,
> which I have now successfully overridden with:
>   (defun erc-open-ssl-stream (name buffer host port)
>     "Open an SSL stream to an IRC server.
>      The process will be given the name NAME, its target buffer will be
> BUFFER.
> HOST and PORT specify the connection target."
>
>   (when (require 'tls)
>     (let ((proc (open-tls-stream name buffer host port)))
>   proc)))

Instead of doing that, try just using erc-open-tls-stream.  I separated
them out for a reason: erc-open-ssl-stream should only be used with
openssl, and erc-open-tls-stream should only be used with gnutls-cli.

--
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |