erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] Re: new erc-nickserv-identified-hook

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] Re: new erc-nickserv-identified-hook
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 03:59:21 -0000

On 2007-12-08 21:21, Michael Olson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> writes:
> > I'm using ERC that is bundled with CVS snapshots of Emacs, to chat on
> > the GRnet IRC network (*.irc.gr), so I can update the regexp for that
> > network too.
>
> I'm in the process of syncing it to Emacs.  It would be good to have
> that regexp.

I don't have the latest version of the ERC source code around, but here's a
typical exchange of messages when identifying (raw telnet session)...

Lines marked with `<-- ' are received from the server.

Lines marked with `--> ' are the ones I typed.

<-- :address@hidden NOTICE keramida :This nickname is registered and protected.
 If it is your
<-- :address@hidden NOTICE keramida :nick, type /IDENTIFY password.  Otherwise,
<-- :address@hidden NOTICE keramida :please choose a different nick.
<-- :address@hidden NOTICE keramida :If you do not change within one minute, I
will change your nick.

--> IDENTIFY ********

<-- :address@hidden NOTICE keramida :Password accepted - you are now recognized.
<-- :address@hidden NOTICE keramida :Cookie: You can find some people from the
same town by typing: /who +h *mask*  E.g.: For people from Athens: /who +h *ath*