erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] Re: new erc-nickserv-identified-hook

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] Re: new erc-nickserv-identified-hook
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 00:16:25 +0200

On 2007-12-09 01:43, Michael Olson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> writes:
> > Ok, if I got the patch right, the following should add the necessary
> > bits for auto-identifying on GRnet.
> >
> > This is the first time I'm emailing patches extracted from Git, so if
> > I did something silly while preparing the patch let me know :)
>
> How old is your version of git?  I've never seen a patch email that had
> "%%%" in it.  It should have "---" instead, separating only the log
> message from the rest of the diff (including a diffstat).

I probably used the wrong command to extract the patch:

% address@hidden:/home/keramida/git/erc-gker$ git log -1
% commit 5ac224285768b7193809d86dbcb26798bf584124
% Author: Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden>
% Date:   Sun Dec 9 06:32:52 2007 +0200
%
%     Add identification hooks for GRnet, the Greek IRC network.
% address@hidden:/home/keramida/git/erc-gker$ git show
5ac224285768b7193809d86dbcb26798bf584124

The I manually inserted the %%% delimiters, in the email text myself.
I'm a newbie in Git, so this was just an 'easy' way to show the diff.

What is the preferred way of emailing patches through Git?

> Anyway, I figured out what sort of regexp you were trying to specify,
> and completed the sync to Emacs.  Thanks for your contributions!

Thanks :)