erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Loading modules (was Re: erc-log-matches-come-back vs. erc

From: Diane Murray
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Loading modules (was Re: erc-log-matches-come-back vs. erc-stamp)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:00:15 +0200

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> wrote:

> Note that match is loaded before stamp, so the init function for
> stamp runs after that of match, and both append their hooks at the
> end of `erc-insert-modify-hook'.  So the hook for match gets run
> *before* the hook for stamp, which means that match gets messages
> that haven't been timestampped yet and don't have that text
> property...

Yes, this is an issue that we'll need to address.  Users can enable
and disable modules at any time, in any order, so just putting things
in the right order in the default setting won't help.  We have to add
functionality to `define-erc-module' and `erc-update-modules' that
will be able to deal with module dependencies and the order of
functions added to hooks.

--
disumu