erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] erc-log-matches-come-back vs. erc-stamp

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: [Erc-discuss] erc-log-matches-come-back vs. erc-stamp
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:30:04 +0200

The `erc-log-matches-come-back' function in erc-match.el uses the
`timestamp' text property to know if a message has been logged during
the current /away session and if so, displays a helpful ``You have
logged messages'' line.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore because of the order of the
modules in `erc-modules', which is currently:

   (netsplit fill button match track completion readonly
    ring autojoin noncommands irccontrols stamp list)

Note that match is loaded before stamp, so the init function for stamp
runs after that of match, and both append their hooks at the end of
`erc-insert-modify-hook'.  So the hook for match gets run *before* the
hook for stamp, which means that match gets messages that haven't been
timestampped yet and don't have that text property...

Moving match after stamp in this list seems to work, but I'm not sure if
it's safe: there might be other dependencies I'm not aware of.

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the