[Enigma-devel] Refresh of 1.01 Debian package in experimental - please h

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Refresh of 1.01 Debian package in experimental - please help testing.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:16:30 +0200

Hello all,
I've uploaded a new version of the 1.01 enigma package to Debian
experimental. I've also started preparing a package for the 1.10
pre-release.
The reason I uploaded to experimental is that I did one "bigger"
change, so I need some people to test enigma.
The "risky" (to break enigma, not to trash your system) is that I
switched Enigma from Xerces 2.x to Xerces 3.x, since the 2.x branch is
considered obsolete.
I also solved a (previously discussed here) crasher for amd64 (the va_list bug).

I'd ask the Debian users here on the list to test the enigma package,
so I can upload it to unstable soon. It should then also find it's way
into Ubuntu semi-automatically.
I will then upload a 1.10 pre-release package to experimental afterwards.

Thank you.

best regards,
Erich Schubert

P.S. you don't have to switch to experimental; it should be possible
to just download the single packages from
http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/enigma
and the corresponding data package
http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/enigma-data
and install them manually using "dpkg -i enigma*.deb".
You _might_ then be missing the xerces3 library, which you can add
using "apt-get -f install".