Re: [Enigma-devel] Permission request from "Mac Fan" Magazine in Japan

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Permission request from "Mac Fan" Magazine in Japan
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:26:29 +0200

TAKISAKA Ryo wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam,

This is Mainichi Communications., Ltd, a publisher in Japan.
Now we are working on a Macintosh magazine called "Mac Fan", published every month from Mainichi Communications Ltd.

And in on our next issue of extra edition September 29th, we intend to attach a DVD-ROM, which contains Online Softwares.

Thanks for selecting Enigma and thanks for keeping us informed.

So, we would like to include the following software in the DVD-ROM with your permission.

 Enigma 1.01
 by Daniel Heck and contributors
 freeware
 http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/

So could you please give us permission for redistribution on DVD-ROM, as soon as possible?

Enigma is distributed under GPL 2 (GNU General Public License, version 2 - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html). This license generally fits all demands for an unmodified DVD distribution without any further explicit permission, but you should read the license and ask your lawyer if you are not sure about the conditions.

We have high respect for your software, and we would like to offer our readers an opportunity to use or try your software. In the printed section, we will include how-to get started with your software.

If you have any questions in this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at address@hidden

We appreciate your cooperation with us, and are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I will give you some more information later on in the evening.

Thanks again and best regards,

Ronald