Re: [Enigma-devel] Idea for an add-ons manager in Enigma

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Idea for an add-ons manager in Enigma
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:12:35 +0200

Hello Alexandros.
> I don't know which operating system you are using, but I am sure you
> are used to a command-line based one. Thus, you must be a power user.
> However, the average Enigma player is not a power user, which means
> they don't have enough knowledge on, let's say, where the 'Auto
> folder' is located. Thus, using an add-ons manager should make their
> life easier.

Note that I was suggesting that engima should just fire up the
*regular file manager* for the appropriate folder.
A non-standard file selector certainly won't be easier for them to use.
I'm not suggesting to open a command line console there. I just
suggest to allow them to user their OS software (they're used to) for
this, instead of duplicating the same functionality in a likely
inferior way.

> P.S: Could you please explain more precisely how your kiosk mode would work?

Well, it won't allow them to delete or add any files, and probably not
store or submit scores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiosk_software

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
 erich@(mucl.de|debian.org) -- GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C (o_
 To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion. //\