Re: [Enigma-devel] High-resolution timing in lua?

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] High-resolution timing in lua?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:14:21 +0200

Markus Laire wrote:
Is there any way to get sub-second timing in enigma-levels?

I'm working on a level which currently takes 2-3 seconds for its
initialization routines (with 1 MHz CPU). I'd like to be able to time
different functions to see where that time is spent, but I havn't
found any way to get sub-second timing in lua.

You can use "enigma.GetTicks()" - a relative timing in milliseconds. It is o.k. to use this function for debugging purposes. But be aware that it is generally depreceated and will be eliminated in future at least for general usage.

Ronald