[Enigma-devel] Mac OS X fixes for 1.01

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Mac OS X fixes for 1.01
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:13:42 +0200

for the upcoming 1.01 release I would like to ask you for your help in fixing the Max OS X specific problems that have been reported since 1.00. I did add the following topics to my list:

--
Default location of Enigma's Userdata:
- switch initial user path from ~/.enigma to ~/Library/Preferences/Enigma

This change would be compatible with 1.00 - no user has to switch to the new directory but every user can switch. All Enigma versions will run with either path.

--
Automize packaging of documentation:
@Johannes: you did package the documentation in 1.00. But we still miss the necessary makefile changes. I found a comment to this point: "A couple other notable quirks are that the documentation link is hard-coded to the DMG (won't work once you copy the game to your hard drive)"

--
Compilation and compression of Enigma package:
@Sidney, Johannes: We had some trouble with 10.3 and 10.4 and the used compression methods. Please recheck and describe the procedure.

If anybody is aware of further important Mac OS X problems please drop a note.

Greets,

Ronald