Re: [Enigma-devel] bug in the archipelago level (level 3 of Enigma I)

From: Malla
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] bug in the archipelago level (level 3 of Enigma I)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:18:14 +0100

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:49:52 +0100, Jacob Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm pretty sure "Work or Think" also used this trick.  You could bomb
the entire left area where you started to force yourself to be started
somewhere more convenient.  Either way, it was certainly an original
Oxyd feature.

Maybe you could make use of this feature in this level, but I think it only works if you got two matching oxyd-stones on the left side and the other pair on the right side. If I remember correctly, the intended way of solving this level is to bomb the triggers away (or to go the long way through the vortices). In Magnum #91 on the other hand, you can only solve the landscape if you occupy the spawnpoint of the black marble with the white marble, so that the black marble will spawn at the oxyd-stones.

Malla

On 1/12/07, Malla <address@hidden> wrote:
> Actually, this concept of respawning in the nearest safe place was
> actually implemented in the original Oxyd games.  For example, the
> (not incredibly long) way to solve "Work or Think" (I can't remember
> its details precisely or which version it was from) used this idea.

It wasn't "Work or Think", but Oxyd Magnum #91 "Claustrophobia", which
makes use of this feature.

> I'm not sure it happened in all Oxyd versions though -- maybe it could
> be made compatibilityMode-dependent in Enigma?

Yes, this features was implemented in all Oxyd-versions.

best regards
Malla