Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Mac Build

From: Metal Snake
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Mac Build
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:56:10 +0100

Hi,

Am 17.12.2006 um 23:44 schrieb Ronald Lamprecht:

Hi,

Sidney Markowitz wrote:
Ronald Lamprecht wrote, On 17/12/06 11:58 AM:
As Johannes did not answer on my direct request I would like to ask if anybody can confirm that the package above is universal and contains the
docs and the level previews.
I have mixed results on tests I have been able to try so far.
Johannes' build does not seem to include the previews or docs files.

Meanwhile I did upload an updated version from Johannes that should include previews and docs and is better compressed to 18 MB.

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/Enigma-1.00-OSX.dmg

Well, it's not better compressed, the uncompressed .app is much smaller now, (37.8mb instead of 62.4mb) didn't check yet why it's that much smaller though.
Now Documentation is included but the Alias file isn't working.

It runs fine on my Intel MacBook. I can't yet tell if it runs on my PPC iMac running MacOS 10.4.8 because I can only access it via VNC. Enigma starts up and then I can't do anything with the mouse, but I think that
is a problem with VNC not fully working with SDL. When I am next
physically at the machine, I will try it.

I received a message from Metal Snake:
the build is universal, tested by me only on PPC and it works.  :-)

Maybe I should add, that I tested that on 10.4.8. I don't have a Mac with 10.3.x here so I can't verify Johannes' tests.

This build crashes immediately when I try to run it on a PPC eMac
running 10.3.9. Earlier builds that I made did run on that machine.
I'm in the process of resurrecting my PPC build environment to see if I can make a non-universal PPC build on the iMac and if it will run in the 10.3.9 machine. I can't install a build environment on that one. If it
runs on the eMac, then I guess I can use lipo to combine the PPC and
Intel versions into one universal build.

Please try to find the reasons of the incompatibility.

Thanks

Ronald