Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Mac Build

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Mac Build
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:44:47 +0100

Sidney Markowitz wrote:
Ronald Lamprecht wrote, On 17/12/06 11:58 AM:

As Johannes did not answer on my direct request I would like to ask if
anybody can confirm that the package above is universal and contains the
docs and the level previews.

I have mixed results on tests I have been able to try so far.

Johannes' build does not seem to include the previews or docs files.

Meanwhile I did upload an updated version from Johannes that should include previews and docs and is better compressed to 18 MB.

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/Enigma-1.00-OSX.dmg

It runs fine on my Intel MacBook. I can't yet tell if it runs on my PPC
iMac running MacOS 10.4.8 because I can only access it via VNC. Enigma
starts up and then I can't do anything with the mouse, but I think that
is a problem with VNC not fully working with SDL. When I am next
physically at the machine, I will try it.

I received a message from Metal Snake:
the build is universal, tested by me only on PPC and it works. :-)

This build crashes immediately when I try to run it on a PPC eMac
running 10.3.9. Earlier builds that I made did run on that machine.

I'm in the process of resurrecting my PPC build environment to see if I
can make a non-universal PPC build on the iMac and if it will run in the
10.3.9 machine. I can't install a build environment on that one. If it
runs on the eMac, then I guess I can use lipo to combine the PPC and
Intel versions into one universal build.

Please try to find the reasons of the incompatibility.

Thanks

Ronald