Re: [Enigma-devel] run of validity of world records

From: Jacob Scott
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] run of validity of world records
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:41:50 +1100

I just completed "The Builder" in 4 seconds again, without hitting the
top-left oxyd first.  Occasionally, if the fire burns a certain way,
there's a path with no fire along one of the walls to the oxyd (for
example if a burning square along the top wall ignites the square
below it but not to its right).  If you match up the bottom two oxyds
first, then the top-right and top-left, the level can be completed in
4 seconds.  Also, is it a bug that the fire won't burn the seeds, like
it used to in earlier versions?  It makes the level very easy -- just
wait on top of a seed, without picking it up, until the fire passes.

Jacob

On 11/29/06, Raoul <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> they are
>>>
>>> They are, indeed. F.e. "The Builder" in 4 seconds, ...
>> It's not impossible! It's possible to open the top left oxyd before
>> it's encircled by fire if you're lucky and fast. :) I managed to do it
>> once, but then next oxyd had a different color so it didn't help...
> So... we can simply add another burning floor tile, to avoid
> this short-cut. Any objections?
I don't think so.
If there are no objections, I will do that with my next commit.

BTW: strange: I received this mail after writing my previous mail to
this topic ...

-- Raoul