Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Enigma 1.00 - request for level updates

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Enigma 1.00 - request for level updates
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 20:30:41 +0200

capkoh wrote:

-- this is the stderr.txt content
Exception on save of index: Could not open file: C:\Documents and Settings\Костя.INFINITY-G3\Application Data/Enigma/levels/cross/history.xml
-- end

I nailed down the problem deep, deep inside Xerces. It is limited to Windows NT,2000,XP,Vista (95, 98 and all Unix based versions should not be affected). The problem is not limited to cyrillic characters. West-European users should not use an €-Sign (Euro) in their paths, too.

I prepared a partial fixed Xerces compilation and linked the current Enigma trunk againt it:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/enigma-game/Enigma-w32-1.00-pre-alpha-cyrillic.zip

This version still limits you to the usage of characters from the first local coding page - the same limits as 98. So please do not mix up cyrillic, greek and West-European Umlauts in your paths.

Please report if this fix is usable. I'll drop a note as soon as the official Xerces trunk is fully fixed.

Thanks for the report.

- Ronald