Re: [Enigma-devel] Patch to build Mac OS X disk image target

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Patch to build Mac OS X disk image target
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 00:27:29 +1200

Johannes Fortmann wrote:
> I needed the attached patch to get the levels to copy correctly.

Did you apply the patch I posted at
Tue, 02 May 2006 17:21:24 +1200?

That changed just the one line

-       tar --exclude .svn -c -f - -C $(top_builddir)/data/levels . | tar xpf -
-C
$(bundle_name)/Contents/Resources/data
+       tar --exclude .svn -c -f - -C $(top_builddir)/data levels | tar xpf - -C
$(bundle_name)/Contents/Resources/data

I think that is equivalent in effect to the patch you just posted. Either
should work.

I just remembered one more step in preparing libxerces-c.a to work around a
known bug described in the BUGS section of man ranlib (1) that will cause
ominous linker error messages when you try make macapp.

After the readme I wrote says to run the command

 sudo cp $XERCESCROOT/lib/libxerces-c.a /usr/local/lib/

add a second command line

 sudo ranlib /usr/local/lib/libxerces-c.a

And mention to ignore the warning messages that command line will produce
regarding various *dummy.o having no symbols.

> Alternatively, if you're using 10.4, all of the needed packages are
> available via fink (fink.sf.net). You'll still have to build a static
> version of libxerces-c and put it into your fink library directory,
> though.

Should it work ok to use Fink 0.7.2 for MacOS 10.3.9? I haven't tried it.

 -- sidney