Re: [Enigma-devel] Mas Microban 43 Issues

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Mas Microban 43 Issues
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:49:47 +0200

Ryan Lortie wrote:
Mas Microban 43 has 3 problems:

Problem 1: It is unnecessarily and annoyingly difficult.
Problem 2: It is ocasionally impossible to beat.
Problem 3: It is always trivial to beat it.

I'd better elaborate :)

Problem 1: Enigma isn't the best possible interface to Sokoban to begin with. Having a marble makes it very easy to accidentally knock blocks that you didn't mean to.

That does make sokoban-type levels a lot harder in Enigma, than they would normally be. Still I kind-of like it - I like challenges ;)

I've been wondering if someone could add Mas Microban 133-135 to Enigma, preferably with water around... (You can see these levels e.g. in EasySok (http://easysok.sourceforge.net/)

(Ok, perhaps I'm not 100% serious in this... or am I ;)  )

Problem 2: Due to the random placement of the oxyd stones each time the level is played, sometimes the stones get placed *behind* the two floor switches at the bottom. This makes the level impossible to beat.

At least in enigma-devel-0.90-patch-77 this is fixed, and stones never get placed behinds those two floor switches.

Problem 3: If at the start of the level you immediately hurl your marble into the water you become invincible for a short time and can simply touch the oxyd stones from the outside of the level.

This too is fixed in newer enigma-versions.

--
Markus Laire
<Jam. 1:5-6>