Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma joystick support

From: paxed
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma joystick support
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:19:22 +0000

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 02:23:54PM +0100, Daniel Heck wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 16:51 +0000, Pasi Kallinen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > here's a small crude hack to allow playing enigma with a joystick:
> > http://paxed.alt.org/enigma-0.90-joy.diff
> >
> > GUI isn't operable with a joystick, and there's a bug when dropping
> > an item by pressing joy button, but it's "good enough" for me. :)
>
> Since Enigma just left the beta-testing phase, I am a little unwilling
> to include a patch that is that experimental.

Fair enough. I did this mainly because I find playing the game with
mouse aggravating.

> What happens when you press the joystick button?

If it's a pickable item, there's a chance it'll be picked up immediately.
This is because update_mouse_button_state() isn't called; I didn't
feel like adapting that to handle joystick buttons too.
Call me a lazy SOB. :)

-paxed