Re: [Enigma-devel] 'Oxyds' - level 109

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 'Oxyds' - level 109
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:31:09 -0500

Which is strange, because I explicitly modified intl/Makefile.in to look
for config.h in the src directory.  Does "make" complain or "gcc"?

It was make that complained. It was a missing prerequisite style error. Ideally you should not have to modify intl/Makefile.in, because that prevents use of autopoint. Autopoint is recommended to be included in the autogen.sh of projects using gettext. It helps ensure that the files necessary to compile and install the gettext files, are in place. For example, autopoint will install mkinstalldirs, which the po directory (or perhaps it is the intl dir) requires, but has been officially depreciated, so automake no longer installs, but does remove on make distclean.

It might be that it is my system that is having problems though. I doubt we both have the same gettext version, as my gettextize seems to make a whole lot of changes.