Re: [Enigma-devel] Changed behaviour in 0.90 & par-scores

From: Ron Scott
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Changed behaviour in 0.90 & par-scores
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:28:55 +0000

At 01:10 PM 11/21/2004 +0100, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
On Sunday 21 November 2004 10:48, Markus Laire wrote:
> Change 1: In 0.81, if you made a hollow in space with dynamite, it
> had friction and you could control your marble there and you could
> use that to make "stop-place" in space, where you could stop and
> change direction easily. In 0.90 hollows in space has no friction,
> and marble can't be controlled there, and behave just like "hollow in
> space" should.
>
> This change affects at least level "Space Pirates", where I used this
> in my solution. (Enigma #32, file=level6a)

This change also affects the level "Space Meditation" (Enigma 2 #134). I
don't see how this level can be solved with the current behavior
because it's pretty much impossible to stop the marbles in the hollows
in space. When I just retried it I created a funny effect (I have no
idea how I achieved this): An orbitting marble. The orbit was even
elliptic which was an impressive demonstration of the physical engine
of Enigma.

Actually, this level is showing the intended behavior. It is possible, but difficult,
to capture the marbles in the hollows.  This level was designed for 0.90 alpha,
but still works properly in 0.90 beta.

Jacob Scott
(Duffy)

Unfortunately only one screenshot per level can be saved (could this
please be changed? and could please a better name be used for the
screenshots, e.g. levelpack-levelnumber-levelname.png?). Therefore I
had to create a mock-up (attached).

Regards,
Ingo