Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd 2000

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd 2000
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:33:18 -0400

I hope I can still claim that Enigma is "open source" software without you
jumping on me, can I? :-)

I tend to side with the FSF as you have guessed, although I do wish that they did not ask for copyright assignments for the parts of the GNU system they control. But GPL is an Open Source Certified licence so the phrasde is acceptable.

But none of us is a lawyer, so in the end these are all educated guesses .

Well i can tell that discolving companies do have problams with copyright claims in some cases. That is self-evident, especially if the company was a large one. Heck, even when the companies don't disolve there can be big messes, as you can clearly see in the SCO vs IBM case.